Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It Boggles My Mind...

Nothing is more freightening than being woke up in the middle of the Nite by your 21/2 year old son crying his eyes out. Only to walk over to his bed, and try to comfort him, to find him burning up with a fever, and drenched in sweat.

Within 1 minute I already had the bath going and Ben out of Bed half undressed, ready to put him in the tub, while my hubby was still getting his wits about him, trying to focus on the situation. (That is why us ladies are mommies) reaction time may be a little quicker.

Tried to get him in the bath; he wasn't having it, so...a cool cloth around his neck, and on his head had to do..

Soon he had calmed down, and layed back in his bed quietly, while I tried to get tylenol liquid down him. He just layed there like a baby bird letting me put it in his mouth. ( I knew he was in bad shape, because it's usually a wrestling match only to get a few drops down his throat, and the rest of it all over him and I both, and any other thing or person close by.)

Rubbing his forhead for a short time, he was sound asleep, and slept for the next 3 hours. I on the other hand could not fall back to sleep, still worrying about his condition. He finally woke up around 8am stood up in bed, and was very chatty and all smiles. What the heck....I will never understand the illnesses children endure...it totally boggles my mind. (BIG YAWN...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor little guy.. (and poor you).

Hope he feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Poor thing-you both. You are a very good mommy! It is really tough when your little one is sick. They are just so helpless!