Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Let sleeping dawgs Lie


More like a sleeping cute, cuddly little boy.... This was not the picture of cuteness 2 hours ago... We decide it's getting to late to try and cook dinner, and Ben is eyeing the potato chip bag with eyes of a savage...so we head of for something to eat. Dinner goes pretty well considering it was getting kind of late. We head for the door to leave, Ben asks "Balloon Pleeeeeeease!!!" No problem, he picks himself out a cool blue one. So we start out the door to leave, and daddy asks the most unreasonable question in the world. "Ben, could you please put your coat on?" No problem or argueing from his mouth as long as the balloon does not get taken from his hand only to slip his arm in his coat sleeve for a quick milisecond.

Well he flew into a full blown rage, throwing himself down on the floor and screaming his lungs out. Back when I had no kids of my own, back in the day when I had NO CLUE!!! I use to say to myself and anyone around me, when seeing a child behave this way "Oh, no way, my child will never act that way, I won't allow it." Well allowing it really didn't play into this story. It was to late and already happening. I really could have died of embaressment right there in the middle of this establishment, not that is was really fine dining, they have balloons for the kids, soo...that really wasn't the issue. The people around us just kept staring as if watching a circus act or something. I just kept shooting looks of "Hey take a picture it will last longer" When in reality I really wanted to huck Ben's tippy cup right at there staring faces...

Learned lesson from this crazy act of rage from my child, I will never be so...judgemental of others in how they may or may not be raising their youngins...We are good parents, and try to teach our child as best we can, yet they have their own minds, thoughts, and emotions which they are learning to use everyday. It is just our job in trying to show them the right way, in the midst of their wrong doings.

Ben did not get to have his balloon back ,it went nighty, nite in the car. He was over it in probably the same milisecond it took to put his coat on, and would have gotten the balloon back to play with. And moments from that he was asleep in our bed, like the little angel I soo...adore.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: